My family is busy getting ready for a big trip down south. My dear husband has to be a good pastor and stay behind, but the rest of us are heading out next week. On the way down we’re stopping at the Creation Museum and then Mammoth Cave National Park the next day. I’ll be sure to let you all know how that all goes.
Since this is the Thanksgiving Holiday, it is the perfect time to tell you all how our Creator God has been blessing my efforts this year. Since I started blogging, I have earned exactly $0. BUT, I got
- that full scholarship to a Christian writers conference (worth $695)
- won a free book I would have never heard about otherwise ($8 plus shipping)
- am getting a Christmas devotional published in a book, so I get a free copy ($10 plus shipping). It’s not creation related, but still helps on my resume!
- have raised over $35 for Ravi Zacharias Ministries, International (through Good Search), and…
- a lady saw that I was going to the Creation Museum and has offered to help with tickets (over $60 value)
- all of that leaves out the hundreds of contacts with all of you. Priceless!
The great thing is, none of this matters for taxes.
I’m not going to worry about the trip to Israel I’m hoping to go Pro to afford someday. That’s God’s business. I just keep taking each step as it comes up and keep my eyes peeled for opportunities.
So, where does the Black Ink come in? Well, remember that ZonderKidz book I’m supposed to be working on? I wrote it on Wednesday afternoon; it took about an hour and a half. If you’ve ever done something that requires a lot of prep time, you know how understated that is, but the actual writing was done way faster than the average post here!
Now, I’ve got to write a resume and biography for the editors and send it all off on Monday.
What happens after that is up to God!
Oh, yes, there are some deals that I’ll probably take advantage of this weekend. Creation Today has deals through Sunday only, Institute for Creation Research has some curriculum and DVD specials on, and the Northwest Creation Network has some great collection pricing!